What if I crash because of some defect (pothole) in the road?

Generally, you cannot recover because of a defective condition on a roadway or on a bike path. Roads and bike paths are built and maintained by government entities. In general, a claimant cannot sue the government unless the government gives permission to do so. That permission is given in the Texas Tort Claims act, and that permission is very, very limited.

Categories: Faq
Blog List