Dealing With Automobile-Related Bicycle Injuries
While cyclists have full legal protection on the road, many automobile drivers are either unaware of the laws regarding bicycle traffic or prone to greater carelessness when it comes to sharing the road with cyclists. Whether caused by driver carelessness or negligence, automobile-related bicycle injuries can be catastrophic and often fatal. With decades of experience in personal injury cases, Cyclist At Law can provide expert consultation in resolving and representing your case.
Common Instances of Driver Negligence
Bicycle injuries are frequently caused by inattentive or negligent drivers due to one of the following reasons:
- Driver carelessness while passing a cyclist
- A driver turning immediately in front of a cyclist
- Failure of a driver to yield or stop at an intersection, red light, or stop sign
- Drivers entering the street from a parking spot or driveway without yielding to cyclists
- Drunken or impaired driving
- Failure to check for oncoming bicycle traffic after stopping at a sign or signal
Increased Bicycle Traffic Could Lead to an Increase in Auto-Related Accidents
While cities are gradually making efforts to accommodate increased bicycle traffic by providing special bike lanes and greenway trails, many drivers and cyclists are still not fully familiar with how to safely and legally share the roads. If you or a loved one has suffered bicycle injuries caused by driver negligence, Cyclist At Law can help to resolve your insurance company claim and request compensation. Contact our office today at (972) 392-1249 or (800) 877-6188, and let a knowledgeable Dallas attorney assist you with your accident or injury case.